Specialty medicines help treat complex conditions
Specialty medicines are generally higher-cost medicines that require extra support to manage and administer. These medicines are used to treat chronic (long-term) and complex conditions.
- Are injected or infused (however, some may be taken by mouth)
- Have unique delivery, storage or shipment requirements
- Require additional patient education, training and safety monitoring
- May not be stocked at retail pharmacies
- Multiple sclerosis
- Hepatitis C
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Other chronic and complex conditions
Prime Specialty Pharmacy
If you're a member and receive medicine through Prime Specialty Pharmacy, you may call 877.627.6337 with questions or for help. Pharmacy hours are 8AM to 8PM Eastern time, and 7AM to 7PM Central time, Monday through Friday.
If you have questions about other specialty pharmacy options, please contact your health plan.
You can find the number on the back of your Member ID card.